Sunday, October 19, 2014

Oct 18 2014 Meeting

I want to say that Cheryl did a great job with her presentation of "Not Such High Tech--Tech" She talked about how to create a Gedcom file and how to use Roots Magic program. How to save our hard work onto a thumb drive and how to export our work from it. I showed up late to the meeting I wasn't able to hear all she said in her presentation. Sorry I wasn't able to share all that she said with you on here. I want to say Judy brought some fabulous pumpkin cupcakes. Thank you Judy. 

You can check us out on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Moreno-Valley-Genealogical-Society/114300998676459?sk=timeline

I usually like to surf around and look at fellow genealogist blogs and see what new ideas I can use. This week, I saw this on Randy Seaver Blog http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/10/finding-record-hints-for-persons-in.html  and Russ Worthington created a video of Randy's tip http://ftmuser.blogspot.com/2014/10/amt-finding-ancestry-record-number.html
Of course I had to go and try it out myself. I am a Ancestry user and I have way too many matches to keep up with. I have no idea that you can use Randy's tip to find that certain record in your hints area. I tried with Quaker Records since I have been working on a huge family line of Quakers that I just recently uncovered ( I just love Quaker records). It took me a couple tries of doing this before I was able to do it right. I tend to not always follow directions too well. Anyway, I was able to get those records to come up and be able to use them..yippeee. I was able to do it for Find A Grave records as well. I will be working at this for the next couple days.

Until next time
Happy Tree Climbing
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment